Tag: King Shaka International
King Shaka International: Luggage Guidelines
Luggage Guidelines King Shaka International
- Keep your hand luggage with you at all times.
- Ensure that all zips and fasteners are in good working condition – baggage can move about in the overhead compartment and unsecured items may fall out.
- Don’t wrap gifts – it is possible that the security teams may wish to view them properly, and will unwrap them.Keep electronic items to a minimum.
- A change of clothes, or at least underwear and a spare shirt may also be appreciated, either at the end of a long-haul flight, or if hold baggage is delayed.
- Don’t carry anything on to an aircraft for anyone else. If you are asked to do so, please contact Airport Security.
- Remove old tags and barcodes from your hand luggage.
Each passenger is allowed one item of hand luggage which should not be bigger than the size indicated.
- 56 centimetres tall
- 36 centimetres wide
- 23 centimetres deep
The guideline is approximately 7kg for hand luggage. If you cannot easily lift your hand luggage above your head, it is probably too heavy.
If taking medicines with you, keep them in the original packaging. This will assist security to identify the medicines and will prevent delays.
The x-rays used to screen hold baggage should not affect most camera film. Film material over 1000ASA/31 DIN should be removed and offered for screening separately.
Keep your valuables such as jewellery and important documents safely stored in your hand luggage. It is a good idea to keep some money (local currency) on your person. Then, should you be separated from your bag, you will still be able to make payphone calls, pay for transport or purchase small items.
Laptops should be removed from their bags for screening prior to boarding the aircraft.
Many laptop bags look similar which can cause confusion when leaving the aircraft. Put a key ring, sticker or other identifying marks on your bag so that you can be sure that you are leaving with the correct computer.
Prohibited and Permitted Items
Airports Company South Africa will enforce new rules that restrict the amount of items that passengers may take on board. Please refer to our Prohibited and Permitted Items guidelines.
Check Cheap Flights now to or from King Shaka International.